GEM is seeking a Head of Growth to join our community-obsessed team. an algae-based brand revolutionizing daily nourishment with simple, real products that help you achieve cellular health. Our first product line is one bite of plant-based goodness made to deliver all the essential vitamins and nutrients you need for energy, beauty, mental clarity, and stress management.
We’re a VC-backed team of women entrepreneurs, scientists, herbalists, environmentalists, biologists, and fanatical foodies all working thoughtfully to build a brand that changes the way we nourish our human and planetary health. This role will report into the Leadership Team and is based in Los Angeles. As a company that values inclusion, GEM seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, communicate, and execute a compelling growth strategy to maximize profitable user growth and ROI while targeting both online and offline growth channels, with specific expertise in direct-to-consumer marketing
- Expand our marketing mix into new channels online and offline to drive awareness and to unlock new audiences increasing the reach and scale of our acquisition efforts
- Lead brand performance and awareness collaborating cross-functionally to implement marketing activations including email, social, referral, web, affiliate, and print
- Help define marketing strategies and retention tactics that push the boundaries in how we think about scaling our subscription base
- Review and analyze performance data and assess new growth opportunities as they arise vis-a-vis our long term goals and performance criteria
WHO YOU ARE
- You are curious and constantly learning new skills
- You don’t settle for the status quo and push to find better, more efficient ways to get things done
- You are a powerful storyteller with strong verbal and written communication skills - You thrive in addressing friction points in a brand’s communication strategy and know-how to strategically apply a performance marketing roadmap to solve real problems in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree. Equivalent work experience also accepted.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in a role where you’ve made data-driven decisions and comfortably managed uncertainty and risk. Prior consumer marketing or startup experience is a plus
- Skills: Must have a strong technical skillset in channel performance marketing (i.e. direct response online paid acquisition; attribution modeling; funnel optimization; SEO; etc.). Highly proficient in Excel with comfort performing data analysis and visualization.