GEM is seeking a Community Manager to join our customer obsessed team. We are an everyday essentials brand reimagining daily health solutions with real ingredients and sustainable methods. Our first product is reinventing the daily vitamin – what it looks like, how it’s made and who it’s designed for. We’re a team of women entrepreneurs, scientists, herbalists, environmentalists, biologists, and fanatical foodies all obsessed with thoughtfully building a brand that changes the way we nourish our human and planetary health.
Our GEM community is at the forefront of everything we do by providing communications and insights across a breadth of channels. We’re a VC-backed team looking for someone who is excited to lead our GEM community and can help scale our online customer experience. You will report into the Leadership Team and this position will be based in Los Angeles. As a company that values inclusion, GEM seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the voice of the GEM brand and serve as a proud brand ambassador of GEM
- Create, post, and manage daily content across all social platforms (i.e. Facebook & Instagram)
- Deliver transformative community experiences and develop lasting relationships via all channels that customers interact with us, including email, text, chat and social
- Grow and manage our ambassador program
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering innovative and meaningful resolutions
- Proactively create infrastructure and tracking systems to ensure we’re optimizing our ability to serve our community comprehensively and efficiently
- Collaborate with our data, marketing, and operations teams to ensure our customer experience systems have the information, data, and insights to meet our evolving customer needs
- Contribute to an open, thoughtful and people-obsessed team culture
Who You Are:
- You are curious, empathetic, and warm – with a great sense of humility and humor
- You are motivated and self-reliant to effectively manage time and productivity to meet business needs in a fast paced, open work environment
- You don’t settle for the status quo and push to find better, more efficient ways to get things done
- You are hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You are a powerful storyteller with strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the office environment
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent work experience also accepted
- Experience with Zendesk, Intercom or other customer experience tools preferred, but not required
- Social fluency across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter
We’re headquartered in sunny LA, with an office in bustling NYC too. We’re passionate individuals working in a fast-paced environment offering competitive health benefits, unlimited PTO, and quarterly team wellness events. Our company is growing quickly and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same.
To apply, please send your LinkedIn or resume and a one-paragraph email describing why GEM to email@example.com